Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My new endeavors

Ok, so now I can explain why I have more time on my hands coming quickly. I quit Teleperformance yesterday! YAY!! I wanted to wait to write about it until I had given my notice, becuase some of my coworkers check the blog once in a while. I just got a job as an assistant manager at Motherhood Maternity, and I will just be working part time and mostly in the evenings. That way I can be home with Deegan during the day and actually get to be a mom and a wife. As crazy as it sounds, I can't wait to be able to do my grocery shopping and make dinner! Anyway, this new job is LONG overdue. After I got back from maternity leave, I was under new management, and it has been downhill from there. I used to love my job, but now I am working for a woman on a power trip who it seems has nothing better than to make my job miserable! She constantly is telling what I am doing wrong, or what needs to be changed, basically that I am not as good at my job as she would be. Unfortunately for her, I am leaving her with short notice that will mean, atleast for a short time, she will be filling in on my work. Maybe she will be able to see then, that I work a lot harder than she will ever know and that she can NOT do my job as easily as she thinks!



Anyway, enough of that rant. My newest adventure is starting a business. Right now, I am starting very small, but once life settles down a bit and I have the bricks and mortar in place for the business I plan to expand. I am starting a website with a few different baby items to begin with, and then maybe in a few months, will become a distributor for many other companies including clothing, toys and other baby and childrens accessories. My plan is to open a store up here in cache valley and maybe one day design my own children's clothing line (these of course are more along the lines of 5-10 years from now). For now, I am working on building
http://www.babyemblems.com/, and my first shot at selling my products will be on the 25th of October. I am doing a boutique in Ogden at my sister's house. Come see what we have and see the other vendors too! If nothing else, I haven't seen some of you in a long time... this is a good chance to come say hi!


No comments: